Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2008

湿滷味 Stewed Noodles@People's Park Food Centre


湿滷味
that's the name of this stall.
How seldom can you find a stall like this!
And its egg noodles are only going for $2.50 a bowl!!! Topped with golden-fried beancurd strips, a huge piece of cuttlefish, fishcake, taopok and a good serving of kangkong veggies. hmm, was there half a hard boiled egg in there? can't rem...anyone ate there can tell me some other time yah??
The soup stock was flavourful enough, although it could have been stewed longer but it bears nostalgic moments for me as I used to eat this when i was young.
Although the taste can never be compared to the past, but I'm not really complaining here as I know how hard this sort of food is to find.
Besides their $2.50-a-bowl of egg noodles, they also serve a bigger portion which includes 3 layered pork, pig skin, more taopok, kangkong, chicken wing that comes in a metal bowl, in a rattan basket. I see many people ordering that too with their bowl of rice. Comes in 3 prices: $4, $6, $8
Ritey, that's all i wanna blog about this time round...and of cos i'm always on the look-out for more interesting finds in Singapore!

No comments:

Post a Comment