Pages

Monday, April 4, 2005

hatch day@Crown Cafe


it was a day started grey and gloomy at 101/9 Earl street. i stared at the window...how can u do this to me???

"...hello jubes? eh the weather is mad!!! it's sunny then drizzling and sunny again...how? are we still going to camberwell?...."

despite the erratic weather of melbourne, we gals decided to take our chances with mother nature!!! hahaha...we met at melbourne central and took a train down to Camberwell Market!!! transit at Flinders Station. On the way there, i peered thru the open window and it was sunny and bright....

we reached camberwell market in no time...and started to wonder amidst the open carpark. It was an experience...kind of reminded me of the flea mart at Tanglin mall on sundays! but in a much larger scale.

as i trudged along...
there were piles and piles of clothes on the ground going for $1 per piece!!!
thots racing thru my mind...
am i going to kneel on fours to rummage thru all those?
oh god for the love of $1 per piece?
my pride got the better of me...
i happily went scouting for "newer" clothes on pretty racks..
simply cannot imagine me rummaging those piles!!!

there was this stall that sold really pretty retro print dresses!
and i fell in love with a red piece.
it was love at first sight
but it cost $20
i bought another
and left with a broken heart.

unforgettable...that red dress...
i went back to the stall again
ALAS! it was sold!
sob sob sob....

but u know wat cheered me up? heeheee...as the stalls were closing at 1pm. i saw this floral black dress...i went up to ask the lady, busy clearing her stuff...how much was it..she told me "..five" i took out a five and brought the black dress home!

after camberwell, we took a train back to the city and rested our pretty feet at Crown Cafe Bakery at Swanston. happy and satisfied.

and the day became even better when ...
they bought 4 slices of gateau,
they giggled with eager to put the candles,
they sang my birthday song and ate my birthday cake...
they gave me my present
they made my day seem pink again.


~they~
the cast
jube, sheree & shilynn

No comments:

Post a Comment