Sponge Cake Base recipe 1) Preheat oven to approx 190degree celcius.(ok this really depends on your oven!) 2) Whisk 3 eggs, 1 egg yolk and 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl 3) Sift 1 cup of all purpose flour and fold into egg mixture. 4) Mix in 1 tablespoon of unsalted melted butter. Fold into batter. 5) Pour into 8 inch lightly greased springform and bake for 40-45 mins. 6) When cake shrinks at the side, it is ready. Let it cool. Cut horizontally into half and the edge if you prefer a bare look as above.
To assemble 1) Place 1 piece of cake into springform to hold its shape. Arrange half cut strawberries facing outward until all is covered. 2) Arrange whole strawberries in the middle of the cake base until all covered. 3) Fill all the gap with whipped cream till all of the strawberries are covered. 4) You can sprinkle crunch meringue too on top if you wish.
5) Lay the 2nd piece of cake on top.
6) Arrange sliced strawberries on top. Pour gelee mixture on it to give it a nice shine.
7) Remove the springform carefully.
8) Chill in fridge for at least an hour before consumption.
* You need approximately 350 grams of strawberries for this cake. ** photograph was from another website for illustration purposes!
~step by step ~ slowly one by one, we put all the spices into the hand blender... but first we need to roast then ground the coriander seeds. all laksa leaves needs to be finely chopped for the last touch! and our final product - laksa paste, freshly blended! and next is to stir fry the paste till fragrant. we are trying something different today, instead of the usual taupok and fishcake, we are having seafood galore - prawns, squid and fish. so whilst hubs is adding his final touch, i shall go set the table!