Pages

Friday, March 31, 2023

Date Night | Six Yaki

 

Tonight, hubs is bringing me out for Omakase dinner. It is a place called Six Yaki that serves Jap Thai fusion. Sounds interesting! Let's go!


Starter was a show stopper! Looking very colourful and delicious. What I really like was the crunchy bits and the Thai flavours...not sure what was definitely there. Was it fish sauce?

The next course was a large, plump and juicy Hiroshimaya oyster. But the tobasco sauce a bit too hot for me. We ordered a small bottle of sake to start the night. The sake cups served had little Koi in them. Next was a clam shell (Hokkaido Hokkigai). The clam was already cut into small bits and served in its original shell. 
Next was soft boiled egg? I don't like soft boiled egg, but hubs like it. Oh wells. This is just a personal preference. This onsen tamago had a large prawn in Thai Curry Soup,
After the soft boiked egg came the Grilled Gindara. Ah...this one is to my liking and my favourite of all the dishes served that night. The texture is similar to Cod, soft and buttery. 
After the fish, came a large river prawn and to end the night was a bowl of ramen with Snow crab claw. The broth was done very well, full bodied. If I'm not wrong, when I first entered the little restaurant, it was the smell of this sea broth that greeted me.

Lastly the dessert was nice too. It was a scoop of Hokkaido Milk ice cream on top of thai milk pudding. I thought the combi was interestingly pleasant and well-matched.

Kudos to the team that brought this Jap Thai Fusion. I had a great night with hubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment