Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2019

10D7N Italy | Lugano Switzerland

YAY!
Finally it's our annual trip out without the kids!!! I can't tell you how long I have waited for this getaway and also to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary in Europe. After settling our 2 boys at my parents' place, my daughter and helper at my MIL place, my FIL kindly dropped us at Changi Airport where we arrived 3 hours ahead of flight scheduled time.

We had so much time in the airport that I started taking photos of myself and hubs using photo beauty apps and it made me so much younger and slimmer!!!
 above: waiting to board our flight.
This round, we are travelling with EU holidays. It is a first time for us and why did we choose them?
1. They happened to have "Travel Italy only"  which was one of the destinations that we were looking for. Our previous europe trips did not cover Italy before and I have always wanted hubs to see Venice, Pisa and all the beautiful cathedrals for himself.
2. The duration and departure dates were suitable for our schedule.
3. The price was quite economical. We were the last 2 to join the tour and although I know we must be the ones who paid the most, but for 10D7N + 2 free nights in Dubai, price at $2045 was quite attractive for us! 
4. 2 Free nights with half day city tour in Dubai was very attractive for me! I have always wanted to visit Dubai but we only transit there during our europe trips. So it's really a win-win for me!!!
 above: Flight to Italy via Emirates. Transit in Dubai and flew into Milan.
Our flight reached Milan very early in the morning where all the shops were not opened yet, so we did an optional tour to Lugano Switzerland. We visited one of the cathedrals, had lunch on our own, took some pretty photos of Lake Lugano which was situated between Lake Como and Lago Maggiore. It's a very beautiful place surrounded by the Swiss Alps and many little houses built on top of the Alps.
 above: Lake Lugano with terracing little houses built on top of the swiss alps.


 above: We visited the Lugano Cathedral which is also known as San Lorenzo Cathedral.


Lunch on our own. We just popped into a restaurant with many people and had our alfresco lunch there. We ordered a large hawaiian pizza to share. OMG, large was actually too much for us. I had a glass of white house wine while hubs had a red.


above: waiting outside McDonalds for our gathering time to move onto Milan! 
Even the view from McDonalds towards Lake Lugano was magnificant.

No comments:

Post a Comment