Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2005

please...call me velle.


today someone asked me..."er ur name is fion ah?..or eon ah?..."
sigh....this is why i changed my name to velle. wonder why i didnt put it into my RMIT application form. must have forgotten it. shucks. now i still have this stupid problem.

wait till u hear how my china colleagues pronounce my yvonne name...and my chinese primary school teachers all the way to JC...down to my fren's grandmother who calls me .."eee---yon"

plus the nurse at the polyclinic..whose pronunciation sent roars of laughter from my own dad, who was actually the one who named me yvonne..yes the nurse called me.."yo-nee-yo???...anyone by the name of yo-nee-yo" i was sooo embarassed.

Not to mention the fact that when i was in secondary school, there were 3 yvonnes in my class...they nicknamed us as big Y, medium Y and small Y. there must be a GOD up there somewhere, perhaps he was blind and deaf at that moment to hear or see my embarassment...when the teacher calls us, 3 of us turned our head at the teacher..wondering who the teacher is calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment