Pages

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Turkey Day 3 Canakalle - Berama - Kusadasi

Good Morning Turkey!!!
i slept so well...i think i must be dead beat.
Today I'm wearing my new earrings - dream catcher with tassels. Really loving it so I'm taking a selfie here.
After breakfast, we drove to the infamous wooden horse from the Troy movie starring Brad Pitt. After the movie, the producers decided to gift this Wooden horse to Turkey and here it is. Now for visitors to take photos with.



 Drive to Bergama Town Center.
 Common juice in Turkey - Pomegranate! Must try.
 Lunch - buffet style and the restaurant sells plenty of souvenirs where I bought some.
I bought 3 Troy pouches (red) 5 Lira
Troy Magnet 7 Lira
Evil Eye keychains 2 Lira
after lunch, we drove to an open field and took a photo of Acropolis from a distance.
along the way, our bus got stuck along a steep road. The driver had to find a huge stone to drive over it to "lift" the front of the coach and all of us had to get down the coach to make the coach lighter. It was a scene! All the locals watched as our driver tried his best to maneuver the coach.
 above: Basilica of St John the Baptist
It was a lovely weather. and it's winter time now.
The sky is so blue. The afternoon sun shining down on us.


We stopped over at Basilica of St John the Baptist and I bought a stack of marble coasters ($15 SGD) from a stall. Lucky for me that I bought it there and then as I didn't get to see these marble coasters anywhere else along my Turkey travels.


Dinner was buffet style at a hotel where we were spending a night. They had a bar and we ordered 2 glasses of red wine. So shiok and now I'm feeling that I'm on a holiday with my glass of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment