Pages

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Turkey Day 6 Cappadocia

We woke up so early for our hot air balloon ride at Cappadocia but alas it was too windy whilst our balloon was filling up with air and they had to stop it.
 blurry photos because the sun is not up yet!






back to the hotel for my breakfast before we set off for a carpet making tour.
Did you know that the carpet in Turkey are made of cotton, wool and half-an-half (half cotton, half wool)

 Went to an underground city of Serhatli. I'm never a fan of underground spaces. So I wouldn't comment much here...wasn't my favourite part of this trip. But i bought a scarf here at 20 Lira.
After which we went to view some pottery work. WOW they now can make pottery luminate in the dark!

 Lunch was beef! hey...something different but some of the tour members don't eat beef and so they were very unhappy because they were served cold vegetables.
 Next were several stops to view the different rock formations of Cappadocia. It's quite amazing!









Sufi Dance of whirling Devishes - very sombre. It's actually quite ritual. To some of my tour members, they found it a bit disturbing but I suppose it's a cultural thing.
 next up was something more uplifting - Belly dance! And I also got to try the local Raki! It was quite potent, somewhat like Vodka.


No comments:

Post a Comment