Pages

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Turkey Day 4 Kusadasi - Ephesus - Pamukkale

It's another Morning in Turkey!!! and I hate to leave my hotel cos it was so beautiful and faces the sea. But the bad side is that the bathroom has no curb or drop so the water just flows out!! and into the room!! Horrible design.
 above: our view from our hotel room's balcony

 drive to Selcuk to explore House of Virgin Mary





 holy water where I took a few sips of the cool water.
and i bought rosaries (35 Lira) for my mum and myself.

And we have reached Ephesus Ancient City, one of the world's most outstanding Archaeological sites. The streets in its well-preserved marble and we visited the Library of Celsius, the Odeon, Grand Theatre, Temple of Hadrian, Roman Bath etc. I even bought a book here which illustrated the "before" and "after".









 hubs...battling in Pokemon Go...and putting his pokemon in the gym.
 streets in its well-preserved marble










stopover for Lunch and Petrol Station where I had my 2nd Magnum. Hubs had an espresso while I had my apple tea.

Last visit of the Day - Pamukkale Cotton Castle, extensive ruins of Hierapolis - known for its thermal baths and health centre.


The whole mountain is covered with limestone and thermal hot springs. The water that trickle down the hill makes it white and appear to be snowy. Even at winter time, we could take off our shoes and walk on the waters because it is quite warm.

 it's a truly amazing sight!






by the 4th day in Turkey, hubs was quite sick of chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment