Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Wedding - #34 1st fitting

at the wedding present!

WJ choosing his suit fabric from tons of fabrics here, even black has many variations! like with stripes, without, matt, shiny, metallic black, matt black, blue-black, brownish black, greyish black etc etc...suddenly WJ felt so difficult!!! hahahaha....now he knows that when women go shopping, it ain't easy choosing!


My wedding gown, a long one with a small train like my evening gown. White, top with cordel lace for the soft, romantic look topped with crystals and pearls. The bottom will be a full bottom similar to my solemnisation dress as this is one dress which i will not keep, so I definitely want something similar to my solemnisation dress. What's more, not all my guests attending my solemnisation will be attending my wedding. So i really wanted to keep to the same design language ie the materials used will be similar too, thus having the same theme and consistency like a spring's wedding collection 2009! The back will be slightly different, Patrick gave me a 'backless' drop low to the waist for a sexy effect, actually it's not totally bareback, just that it looks the part. It is sewn with a see-through fabric and trimmed with crystals on the sides. The cut for my wedding gown is a halter here, slightly different from my solemnisation dress where it's a heart shaped bustier top that gives a youthful look.


Here's my solemnisation dress. A design by myself in collaboration with Patrick. My first consultation with him, i told him that i wanted a short dress, full of fun and spirit. Something with a full bottom like a tu-tu and with a girly top, something with crystals, bling and lace. Yes, all brides love a little bling, including myself! So the top half is made with cordel lace, decorated with swaroski crystals and pearls, the bottom will be pieced with layers of tulle for the full effect. The back is kept simple, just a zip up!


My evening gown, Patrick has designed a simple mermaid flowy dress with a train for me in hot fushia colour which matches my skin tone and best of all...one of my favourite colours! Talk about great minds think alike as i didn't tell him that my favourite colours was different hues of pinks. For the first fitting I personally thought that most of my dresses were cut to me like a T! So i'm pretty impressed with their workmanship and overall very satisfied with my first fitting.

Patrick our designer (also the designer for Michelle Chia's wedding gowns) is taking Mr goh's waistline here...hahaha while he is sucking in his tumtum

No comments:

Post a Comment