MAKE IT YOURSELF: MELTED TOMATOES
(newspaper cut from Straits Times)
500g yellow or mini tomatoes
500g red cherry tomatoes
5 cloves garlic
6-8 sprigs of thyme
5 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp coarse sea salt or to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
150g feta cheese
5-6sprigs parsley, chopped
1.Preheat oven to 180deg C
2. Rinse tomatoes under running water, pat dry with paper towels. Place in a medium baking dish that will hold the tomatoes in one layer.
3. Peel the skin off the garlic, slice into slivers, scatter over the tomatoes.
4. Pluck the thyme leaves off the stems, scatter the leaves and stem over the tomatoes. spoon the olive oil evenly over the tomatoes, add sea salt.
5. Place in oven for 40mins, remove and let cool for 5 mins. Discard the thyme stems and garlic.
7. Add freshly ground black pepper to taste, mix through and spoon the tomatoes over bread or toss with pasta, topped with feta cheese and chopped parsley.
serves four as an appetiser, two as a main course.
made with lots of love