Here's my recipe (serves 4 adults)
- Chicken thigh: 6 pieces
- Honey: 2 tbsp + 2 tbsp
- Light soy sauce: 6 tbsp
- Unsalted butter: 3 tbsp
- White onion: 1, diced
- Rice: 2 cups, washed
- Cooked chestnut: 300g (i bought already peeled packets ones )
- Mushroom: 400g sliced (i used shitake fresh ones)
- Chicken stock: about 6.5 cups
- Thyme: leaves from a few stalks
- Ground blackpepper: to taste
- Marinate chicken with honey & light soy sauce.
- Leave overnight in fridge.
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Heat wok. Add chicken into wok, together with the sauces.
- Brown chicken for a few min on both sides. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Heat butter in cast iron pot. Fry onion till browned and translucent.
- Add rice. Stir to mix in with onion.
- Add chestnuts, mushrooms and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer.
- Place chicken thighs and breasts on top of rice, pressing down to level with rice.
- Drizzle 2 tbsp honey onto chicken. Sprinkle with thyme and black pepper.
- Cover pot with lid and place in oven. Bake for 45min.
- Serve hot.